Crossing into the Land of 1001 Nights, your caravan arrives at the fabled Sultanate of Naqala. The old sultan just died and control of Naqala is up for grabs! The oracles foretold of strangers who would maneuver the Five Tribes to gain influence over the legendary city-state. Will you fulfill the prophecy?
Invoke the old Djinns, move the Tribes into position at the right time, and the Sultanate may become yours!
A bit more of a "Gamer's Game" than Days of Wonder's standard fare, Five Tribes builds on a long tradition of German games with wooden Meeples in a unique twist on the Worker Placement game genre. It's when, how and where you dis-place Tribes of Assassins, Builders, Elders, Merchants, and Viziers that will determine your victory or failure!
- 30 Tiles Depicting the Sultanate of Naqala
- 2 Players Sets, Each with 11 Camels and 2 Turn Markers
- 2 Players Sets, Each with 8 Camels and 1 Turn Marker
- Wooden Meeples (16 Yellow Viziers, 18 Red Assassins, 18 Blue Builders, 18 Green Merchants, 20 White Elders)
- 10 Palaces
- 12 Palm Trees
- 22 Djinn Cards
- 54 Resource Cards
- 96 Victory Coins
- 1 Bid Order
- 1 Turn Order Track
- A Scoring Pad
- 5 Djinns
- Turn Order Summary Sheets
- Rules Booklet
|Publisher(s)||Days of Wonder|
|Mechanics||Auction, Card Drafting, Modular Board, Set Collection|
|Categories||Strategy Games, Award Winning Games|
|Play Time||40-80 minutes|