Deep beneath the ocean waves, an unseen war is waged by rival corporations. Take your place in the conn and prepare for battle with Captain Sonar, a tense new real-time game of dueling submarines for two to eight players. In every game of Captain Sonar, you and your fellow players are split into two teams. You may be the Captain, responsible for setting your submarine’s course and deciding when to strike. The First Mate charges the ship’s systems, the Engineer keeps the submarine fully operational, and the Radio Operator determines the location of the enemy submarine. Only teamwork will give you the chance to open fire and win the game!
Your keys to success:
- Synchronize: Alone, you will achieve nothing. Each officer on the team fills an essential role. Talking is important, but so is listening carefully and coordinating your actions.
- Organize: If you do not plan your moves, you will not catch the enemy. Each decision must be deliberate.
- Navigate: You must not only find the enemy's submarine; you must also not get caught yourself. Only precise navigation will put you in position to win this battle.
- Attack: Take no man alive! Even though the mission requires stealth, do not hesitate to fire your weapons when the perfect opportunity presents itself!
- Repair: Your sub will take fire and most likely sustain damage. You must try to remain calm and get your sub back up and running quickly!
- 2 Sets of 12 Role Sheets
- 2 Transparent Sheets for the Radio Operators
- 8 Erasable Marker Pens
- 2 Screens
|Designer(s)||Roberto Fraga, Yohan Lemonnier|
|Artist(s)||Ervin, Sabrina Tobal|
|Publisher(s)||Matagot, Asmodee, Broadway Toys LTD, Bureau De Juegos, Conclave Editora, CrowD Games, Gém Klub Kft., Lex Games, Pegasus Spiele, Pendragon Game Studio, Surfin' Meeple China|
|Mechanics||Grid Movement, Hidden Movement, Line Drawing, Real-Time, Role Playing, Secret Unit Deployment, Simulation, Team-Based Game|
|Categories|| Deduction, Fighting, Nautical, Real-time, Strategy Games
|Play Time|| 45-60 Min
|Weight|| 2.13 / 5