Pendulum is a turnless, worker placement, time-optimization game for 1-5 players. It was the highest-rated protoype in the history of the Stonemaier Games Design Day.
In Pendulum, each player is a powerful, unique noble vying to succeed the Timeless King as the true ruler of Dünya. Players command their workers, execute stratagems, and expand the provinces in their domain in real time to gain resources and move up the 4 victory tracks: power, prestige, popularity, and legendary achievement.
Players must use actual time as a resource in managing their strategy to best their opponents, using time on different action types and balancing it with time spent planning and analyzing. The winner will be the player who manages and invests their time most effectively, not the player who acts the quickest.
- 1 box (Each first-printing box is individually numbered.)
- 1 game board (53x50cm)
- 250 tokens
- 3 sand timers (45 sec, 2 minutes, 3 minutes)
- 5 double-sided, frosted character mats (asymmetric) and 4 stratagem
- cards per character (40 total; 44x67mm)
- 56 Province cards (63x63mm)
- 31 council reward cards (44x67mm)
- 10 achievement cards (59x91mm)
- 1 legendary achievement token (metal)
- 1 rulebook
- 1 quick-reference guide
- 1 Automa rulebook
- 1 Automa scoring mat
- 38 Automa cards (59x91mm)
|Designer(s)||Travis P Jones|
|Publisher(s)||Stonemaier Games, 999 Games, Albi, Feuerland Spiele, Ghenos Games|
|Mechanics||Action Timer, Simultaneous Action Selection, Variable Player Powers, Worker Placement, Worker Placement, Different Worker Types|
|Categories|| Economic, Strategy Games
|Play Time||60–90 Min|
|Weight||2.71 / 5|